We understand the trust you place in us when you give us your information - it’s a privilege, and we respect that trust at all times. We are compliant with all aspects of the General Data Protection Regulation, which came into force on the 25th May, 2018. You can, at any time, ask us to remove your information from our database, and we will do so promptly - unless we need to retain key information to recover due payments.
How we use your information
In general, you can come to our website and look at our products, without ever telling us who you are - or any other information about yourself. If you want to make a purchase however, we will need certain personal information such as your name, email address, payment address and wherever you want your purchase delivered to. All of this information is kept on secure servers, complying with all applicable data protection and consumer legislation, and we treat all personal information as fully confidential. We will use what you provide us to:
- Supply and deliver our products to you
- Process your payments
- Inform you about similar products or services we provide, with your permission
- Analyse our own services - in these cases, your data is anonymised alongside other customers, and we only do this with your permission
Sharing your information
To give you the best and most efficient service, we use reputable third-party banking and distribution companies. We use them for credit card transactions and order fulfillment, and we provide only the minimum information needed for them to verify and authorize your payment card, and process your order. They are under strict obligations to keep your personal information private. We also work with postal mail companies under the same conditions and our email communications are also sent through a third party client. We only work with these partners with your explicit consent, and you can ask us to stop at any time.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to a third party company for marketing purposes.
If you’ve said we can, we’ll send you letters, emails or telephone you from time to time, to let you know about our new products, services and anything exciting we’ve got going on. You will only receive these marketing messages if you gave us permission to, and you can stop receiving them at any time - all you have to do is:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our promotional emails, this will remove your name from our emailing list
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeing adverts for bnt.org.uk online
We want to let you know what we’re up to, and help you to see and find our products. Like many companies, we engage in online advertising to do this - with targeted BNT banners and adverts on other websites and apps. This common practice is done using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered like Facebook’s Custom Audience service. These ads are based on information we hold about you, or your prior use of our site and engagement with other ads.
Your information and countries outside Europe
Our customer service team and fulfilment operations are both located within Europe. We do not have any operations outside of Europe.
Keeping your information
We store your contract data and the associated documents for ten years, and other commercial and business letters for two years. All emails are retained for two years. All telephone recordings are retained for two years. This is in accordance with all prevalent legislation.
Under current legislation, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed - to know how your personal information is being used
- The right of access - to access the personal information that is being held about you
- The right to rectification - to correct any inaccuracies in that information
- The right to erasure - to have that data deleted
- The right to restrict processing - to stop your data being processed, or collected
- The right to data portability - to have you data transferred to yourself, or someone or something else
- The right to object - to stop direct marketing, or withdraw your consent about how your data is being processed in similar situations
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Above all, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO).
Changes to how we protect your privacy
This information on this page may change in line with new or updated legislation, or if we change how we process or collect your data. If the information displayed here has changed significantly, we’ll make sure you know about it using the website, or via email so that you can review the changes before you use our services.
How Safe Is Your Personal Information?
First things first, cookies don't harm your computer. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use 2 different types of cookie to ensure you get the most out of shopping with us:
- Session cookies - the file is only stored while you're on the site. Once your browser is shut the cookies are deleted.
- Stored cookies - these are held permanently on your computer and help us improve your visit, for example, allow us remember what you had in your shopping basket from your last visit to save you having to hunt for them again.
Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an email to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
We will never ask you to send any personal details via email. If we require such details, for security reasons we'll ask you to contact us by phone. Should you receive an email claiming to be from BNT requesting this kind of information, please do not respond and let us know.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or wish to exercise any of your rights - including having your information removed from our database - please get in touch. Drop us an email at email@example.com, or you can write to us at:
Par Moor Road
Par, PL24 2SQ